What to do, Who to call
1. Do not feed coyotes or other wildlife.
2. Eliminate sources of water.
3. Position bird feeders so that coyotes cannot get the food.
4. Do not discard edible garbage where coyotes can get to it.
5. Secure garbage containers and eliminate garbage odors.
6. Feed pets indoors whenever possible. Pick up any leftovers if feeding outdoors. Store pet food where it is not accessible to wildlife.
7. Trim and clean, near ground level,any shrubbery that provides hiding cover for coyotes or prey.
8. Don’t leave children unattended.
9. Don’t allow pets to run free. Keep them safely confined and provide secure nighttime housing for them.walk dogs on a leash and accompany your pet outside, especially at night.
10. Discourage coyotes from frequenting your area. If you see coyotes around your property, chase them away by shouting, makin loud noises or throwing rocks.
http://go.usa.gov/Dozy – Coyotes in Towns and Suburbs
http://goo.gl/SaAVeQ – Coyote Resources
Take the survey! Make your voice heard!
Tell us what you think! WCNA is conducting a survey and we want YOU to participate. What are your priorities? What do you think of WCNA? Did you know we have a website (It's wcnanews.com and...